Seek & Adore Terms & Conditions
- Who We are
- We are Seek & Adore Limited (‘We’ and ‘Us’). We are a company registered in England
and Wales under company number 7363032. Our registered office is at 53 Wyatt Park
Road, London, SW3 3TW. Our VAT number is 100410402.
- What are these Terms & Conditions
- By using this Site, whether as a registered user or a guest, you are agreeing to
these Terms and Conditions.
- In addition, if you buy goods through this Site you agree both to these Terms and
Conditions and to any terms and conditions of the Maker from whom you are buying
- So, please read these Terms and Conditions carefully before you use this Site or
buy anything through it. If you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions please
stop using it immediately and do not buy anything through it.
- We may change these Terms and Conditions from time to time and will publish those
changes on this Site.
- Using this site
- You will need to register with us in order to purchase goods or services from our
makers through this Site.
- If you do not register with us We will allow you to use this Site (subject to these
Terms and Conditions) but not to buy goods through it.
- If you register with us We will allow you to use this Site and to buy goods through
it but We may withdraw, restrict or change the service We provide through the site
- The service We provide and what We don’t provide or promise
- We do not make any of the products on this Site. We simply act as agents for the
Makers. The contract you make through this Site is, therefore, with the Maker from
whom you are buying and not with Seek & Adore Ltd. (though We are the ‘Merchant
of Record’ for the purpose of your credit card transaction).
- We are, in effect, simply a market place. Whilst We select the Makers who sell on
this Site with care We never have possession of the goods you buy and We cannot
and do not examine, inspect or test the goods and/or service you buy from any of
those Makers. Nor do We examine or inspect any services provided through this Site.
So We do not know whether the claims made by the Makers for those goods and/or services
- Accordingly, We do not warrant that:
- the Maker from whom you buy goods has title to or the right to sell them; or
- the claims which the Makers make on this Site are true; or
- any goods you buy are of satisfactory quality or fit for the purpose for which you
may reasonably be buying them; or
- any services you buy are of satisfactory quality.
This does not, of course, affect your statutory rights.
- You accept that clause 4.3 above satisfies the requirements of reasonableness.
- How the contract should work
- When you place an order you are making an offer to purchase the goods and/or services
specified in it subject to these Terms & Conditions and any additional terms and
conditions notified to you by the Maker.
- No order shall be deemed to be accepted by the Maker until that Maker issues an
email acceptance of order.
- We may refuse to process a transaction or to provide a service at any time. We will
not be liable to you or anyone else if We do this or through us unwinding or suspending
any transaction after processing has begun.
- The contract will relate only to those goods and/or services notified in the email
acceptance of order.
- You may pay for the goods and services you buy through us by using a debit or credit
card through Paypal, our online payment facility.
- All prices:
- are in pounds sterling (£), and are payable in that currency;
- include any VAT except where We say otherwise.
- Your shopping basket on the Site displays the goods and/or services you have chosen,
the Maker who will supply them and details of post and packing.
- The delivery costs vary according to the delivery methods used by the relevant Maker.
We only charge for the actual cost of delivery.
- If you want us to send goods to a country outside the UK
- The products and services We and the Makers offer are directed solely at UK residents.
Accordingly, neither We nor the Makers who offer goods and services on this Site
represent that any products or services sold through this Site are appropriate
or available for use outside of the UK. It is your responsibility to comply with
all applicable laws and regulations of the country for which the products are destined.
We will not be liable for any breach by you of any such laws.
- If you order goods from our Site for delivery outside the UK, they may be subject
to import duties and taxes which are levied when the delivery reaches the specified
destination. You will be responsible for payment of any such import duties and taxes.
Please note that We have no control over these charges and cannot predict their
amount. Please contact the relevant customs and excise authorities for further information
before placing your order.
- Returning Goods
- If you wish to discuss or organise a return, exchange or refund of any item, please
contact the Maker directly using the contact facility on the Site.
- All Makers provide the following guarantees to all shoppers so that you have peace
of mind when ordering any product through the Site:
- You can cancel the order if you do so within the time limits (normally within 7
days of receiving the goods) under the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations
2000 as amended
- In relation to an order for services you have 7 days from the day after that on
which you received the goods in which to cancel your order (unless the service has
already been provided)
- After that, in relation to any goods sold through the Site, you have 28 days from
receipt of goods in which you can cancel your order;
- Any goods returned must be returned to the Maker and not to Seek & Adore Ltd.
- When you return goods within the period specified in clause 7.2.3. above (other
than as a result of a defect in the goods) you must pay the cost of returning the
- It is unlikely that Makers will allow the following items to be returned or will
provide refunds in relation to them (unless they are defective or the Maker doesn’t
have the right to sell them):
- Personalised items that are specially made, or ordered, with your choice of name,
fabric, message or other customised aspect;
- perishable products, including food and flowers;
- personal products such as underwear, jewellery (especially earrings), cosmetics;
- large items of furniture which are often specially made or ordered;
- homeware that is made up in your own choice of fabric or material, such as lampshades,
throws, cushions and other items; or
- art, sculpture, ceramics and other creations that are often specially commissioned
when you place an order.
- Any personal data and other information provided by you is processed by Us in accordance
- We will, of course, disclose your identity and other necessary information to the
Makers from whom you buy goods to enable them to process your order, and you authorise
Us to disclose this information to those Makers.
- If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or
any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat
such information as confidential, and you must not disclose it to any other person.
We have the right to disable any user identification code or password, whether chosen
by you or allocated by us, at any time, if in our opinion you have failed to comply
with any of the provisions of these Terms & Conditions.
- Intellectual property
- We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in this Site,
and in the material published on it. The Site and the material on it is protected
by copyright laws around the world and We reserve all our rights under those laws.
- You must not use any part of the materials on our site for commercial purposes without
first obtaining a licence to do so from Us or our licensors.
and you must, at our option, return or destroy any copies of the materials you have
- We respect the intellectual property rights of others and We ask our makers to do
the same. If you believe that any of your intellectual property rights have been
infringed on the Site, please email info@SeekandAdore.com
to report the problem.
- Other Uses and Abuses of this Site
- You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal
and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish
a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement
on our part where none exists.
- You must not frame this Site on any other website, nor may you create a link to
any part of our Site other than the home page. We reserve the right to withdraw
linking permission without notice.
- This Site provides links to other websites for your information. We have no control
over such sites or resources and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss
or damage that may arise from your use of them.
- You must not misuse this Site by knowingly introducing viruses, Trojans, worms,
logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You
must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our Site, the server on which our
Site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our Site. You must
not attack our Site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service
- By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer
Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement
authorities and We will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity
to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our Site will cease immediately.
- We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service
attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer
equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use
of our Site or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website
linked to it.
- If We fail at any time to insist upon strict performance of any of your obligations
under these Terms & Conditions, or if We fail to exercise any of the rights or remedies
to which We are entitled under them, this does not constitute a waiver of such rights
or remedies and shall not relieve you from compliance with such obligations.
- A waiver by Us of any default shall not constitute a waiver of any subsequent default.
- No waiver by Us of any of these Terms & Conditions shall be effective unless it
is expressly stated to be a waiver and is communicated to you in writing.
- If any of these Terms & Conditions are determined by any competent authority to
be invalid, unlawful or unenforceable to any extent, such term, condition or provision
will, to that extent, be severed from the remaining terms, conditions and provisions
which will continue to be valid to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Entire agreement
- These Terms & Conditions and any document expressly referred to in them represent
the entire agreement between Us and supersede any prior agreement, understanding
or arrangement between Us, whether oral or in writing.
- Force majeure
- Where We or one of the maker is prevented from or delayed in the carrying on of
its business due to circumstances beyond its reasonable control including, without
limitation, acts of God, governmental actions, war or national emergency, riot,
civil commotion, fire, explosion, flood, epidemic, lock-outs, strikes or other labour
disputes (whether or not relating to the Maker’s workforce), or restraints
or delays affecting carriers or inability or delay in obtaining supplies of adequate
or suitable materials the date of delivery shall be postponed for the period that
the circumstances continue.
- Law and jurisdiction
- Contracts for the purchase of goods through our Site will be governed by the law
of England and Wales. Any dispute arising from, or related to, such Contracts shall
be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
- We welcome your comments about this Site and the goods and services sold on it.
You can contact Us best by email at info@SeekandAdore.com.
- Of course, We hope that you won’t have any complaints about the goods and
services sold on this Site but, if you do, please direct them to the Maker from
whom you bought them by visiting Your Account > Your Orders and clicking the “View”
link next to the relevant order. From there you can click the “Order enquiry” button
next to the relevant product in order to contact the maker and resolve the problem
directly. (You can access Your Account once you register and login to the Site).
In the unlikely event that your complaint is not settled to your satisfaction please
contact Us at customerservice@SeekandAdore.com.